- RSS Channel Showcase 7626989
- RSS Channel Showcase 6148406
- RSS Channel Showcase 8632212
- RSS Channel Showcase 3640395
Articles on this Page
- 07/10/18--01:00: _The Curse of Knowle...
- 08/18/18--09:07: _What’s the Differen...
- 09/03/18--19:45: _The Best 5 Books On...
- 09/27/18--10:48: _How to Preach Conve...
- 10/09/18--07:32: _Four Destructive Mi...
- 10/13/18--18:26: _How to Start a Self...
- 10/16/18--05:15: _How to Build Tensio...
- 07/10/18--01:00: The Curse of Knowledge: A Preaching Death Trap – Part 3 of 3
- 08/18/18--09:07: What’s the Difference Between Preaching and Teaching?
- 09/03/18--19:45: The Best 5 Books On Apologetics
- 09/27/18--10:48: How to Preach Conversationally
- 10/09/18--07:32: Four Destructive Mindsets That Can Wreck Your Preaching
- 10/13/18--18:26: How to Start a Self-Hosted Blog in 20 Minutes
- 10/16/18--05:15: How to Build Tension When You Preach
In Part 1 of this series we examined what the curse of knowledge is and how it affects preachers. In Part 2 we examined the two biggest reasons why this can be a problem for pastors. If you haven’t check those out, definitely go back and read them before continuing as they set the foundation […]
The post The Curse of Knowledge: A Preaching Death Trap – Part 3 of 3 appeared first on Preaching Donkey.
What’s the difference between preaching and teaching? This is a question a lot of church leaders ask. Or perhaps it could be posed this way, “Is this particular form of speaking considered preaching or teaching?” There is a difference, but it can be hard to articulate exactly what that difference is and why it matters. […]
The post What’s the Difference Between Preaching and Teaching? appeared first on Preaching Donkey.
I want to give you my list of the best 5 books on apologetics. I became passionate about the subject of apologetics in when I was in high school. I attended a leadership camp my junior year, and the camp speaker was an apologist. At first I remember thinking, “What’s he so sorry about?” But […]
What is conversational preaching? What does it look like to preach in a conversational tone? There are many different styles and methods to use when we preach – proclamational, authoritative, narrative – to name a few. And we may employ any number of these styles throughout a preaching career and even in a single sermon. […]
It was Henry Ford who said, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” He was conveying a powerful truth: the way we think about ourselves effects the outcomes we see in life. This is never more true than how we think about our preaching. I want to share with you the […]
The post Four Destructive Mindsets That Can Wreck Your Preaching appeared first on Preaching Donkey.
I dove into blogging four years ago, and I absolutely love it. Blogging is how I share my passion with the world. It has helped me reach an audience that I would have NEVER been able to reach. And it enables me to share a message with thousands of people … and more every day. […]
In the days before Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and other streaming services ruled the media viewing world, I was really into box dvd sets. They were all the rage, and I was all in. Lost was the first TV show I watched on dvd with each episode in immediate succession. I was in college at […]